Account of my experience at an Indian Restaurant in Basingstoke

Hey all! As some of you may know, I love to review food and restaurants when I go to new areas and this time due to my cousins wedding we had to go to Basingstoke and you can say that I was stoked! Okay, bad jokes aside, my cousin really wanted to have a unique wedding so as the bridesmaid (No other reasons, such as Food.) I took it upon myself to find something unique for her wedding menu. My cousin has always had a thing for Indian food and I … not so much. Hear me out, I have never really had Indian food because I only once tried a Samosa from a street vendor and I got sick, the problem probably was the location and not the type of food but since then I haven’t wanted to test that theory. However, this was a special occasion so I Googled Indian Restaurant in Basingstoke like a true detective and found Spicy Tadka, it wasn’t hard to find since it was on the first page of the search, but the restaurant had competition so I decided what’s better than checking it out myself.



I called my Pakistani friend to come with me since she loves Indian food and she says it’s because it’s the same as Pakistani food but only a little different, which I don’t understand but sure! We got together and went to the Spicy Tadka and the Ambience was great the place was lit up in honey coloured lights, making it easy on the eyes, the chairs were green and the place held a clean look, we weren’t there for the looks however because I saw on their website that they were one of the few restaurant in Basingstoke that offered Catering services, hence we were here to taste the food and see if it was worth it. Safe to say that my friend Tehreem was excited to eat at this place, she was going on about craving something called Murgh Mukni or something, which she graciously translated to Mukhni Chicken which I still couldn’t really get so she finally said it was called “Butter Chicken” Literally, so we sat and she ordered that first thing, I looked through the Menu and decided to face my fears by getting a Samosa, also some of the Vegetarian options, as well as another thing my friend wanted called Pani Puri which she kept calling Gol Gappa.


The review of the food is finally here! So, The Butter Chicken came out fresh and looked weird at first because it looked like curry but very red, but that doubt was blown away when I tried it with the flat bread my friend had ordered. She also made me eat with hands by making a taco with the flat bread, which is the new way I will be eating. It was like the perfect Boat for the food. All of the Food was great, the Vegetarian options were actually good as well and I never say that. The Veggies were trying to copy meat dishes but had their own thing going. Spicy Tadka is the Restaurant in Basingstoke that I will recommend to everyone! The food was great and the servers were nice as well as the Catering service they provided for my Cousin which was bomb!

Comments